Part of my Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago was spent on the phone with the ASPCA emergency line because my dog Riley had gotten into a box of chocolate truffles with nuts.
Thankfully he vomited most of the toxic ingredients out of his system, but it was definitely a scary time.
Here are some guidelines above and below on what foods to keep away from your pets. And remember, many of our pets are quite crafty -- even when we think the food is out of reach, many times they find creative ways to get to it.
More information on what to keep away from your pets HERE and HERE.
And if there's an emergency, take your pet to the emergency veterinary clinic, or call the ASPCA poison control line at 888-426-4435.
More info HERE