This interview is heart-wrenching, but an important story to hear, especially if you have a dog.
Melissa Martin is the woman whose three dogs died within hours of playing near a neighborhood pond. The dogs died after being exposed to toxic blue-green algae. This algae has been found in some bodies of water in the DMV, including Lake Needwood and Lake Frank in Rock Creek Park.
Listen by clicking the play button below.
We also speak with author Joe Wateski (J.C. Ski), who has written a children's book called, Frankie: The Biggest Dog That Ever Was. Plus, we share everyone's favorite Animal Tales.