Joined by special guests Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, Stevie Nicks and Patty Smyth, Henley performed a 24-song set list that combined his solo material with his songs from the Eagles and covers.
Appearing to be enjoying himself, Henley was quite talkative, telling the audience after "Desperado," the 22nd song of the night, that he was "not tired yet."
He also threw in a plug for Pecan Lodge, a local barbecue restaurant that did the backstage catering. Henley said it was the best in the state and to ignore the "silly" lists that magazines publish about the state's premier restaurants.
The night came to an end with everyone on stage singing "Birthday" by The Beatles as white balloons floated down from the rafters.
Don Henley 70th birthday bash set list - Dallas - July 22nd, 2017:
- Big D - Jo Stafford cover sung by his backup singers
- Seven Bridges Road
- Dirty Laundry
- Sunset Grill
- That Old Flame
- Witchy Woman
- When I Stop Dreaming
- Talking to the Moon
- One of These Nights
- I Can't Tell You Why - w/Timothy B. Schmit
- The End of the Innocence
- The Last Resort
- Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - w/Patty Smyth
- The Heart of the Matter
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears cover
- Leather and Lace - w/Stevie Nicks
- The Boys of Summer - w/Stevie Nicks on tambourine
- Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh & Timothy B. Schmit / Henley was not on stage
- Life in the Fast Lane - w/Walsh & Schmit
- Hotel California - w/Walsh & Schmit
- Wasted Time - dedicated to Glenn Frey
- Desperado - dedicated to Glenn Frey
- All She Wants to Do Is Dance - w/Stevie Nicks on tambourine
- Birthday - w/Nicks, Walsh, Schmit and Smyth
Source: Setlist.fm and Premiere