Star Trek fans -- your newest collectibles come from Canada! Its post office has released seven stamps to add to last year's 50th anniversary collection.
Five items celebrate the Starfleet's leaders, depicting them along with the most cunning of the adversaries they confronted on their voyages.
- Admiral James T. Kirk with Khan Noonien Singh (inspired by Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, 1982)
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard with Locutus of Borg (Star Trek: The Next Generation, 1987-1994)
- Captain Benjamin Sisko with Dukat (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, 1993-1999)
- Captain Kathryn Janeway with the Borg Queen (Star Trek: Voyager, 1995-2001)
- Captain Jonathan Archer with Commander Dolim (Star Trek: Enterprise, 2001-2005)
Two additional stamps feature the intrepid shuttlecraft Galileo, which was often deployed for missions too dangerous for the U.S.S. Enterprise, and the ominous Borg cube, which has been specially enhanced with holographic foil and embossing.
- The classic shuttlecraft Galileo (first appearance in Star Trek, 1966)
- The Borg cube (first appearance in Star Trek: The Next Generation, 1989)
Great idea! Would you buy the stamps if they were available here?