An important tip for anyone appearing in court on drug charges: Leave your drugs at home.
A 31-year-old Ohio woman learned this lesson the hard way when she showed up at Minerva Mayor’s Court earlier this week wearing a backpack that was stuffed with illegal drugs.
Elizabeth Darlene Wilson was already facing two counts of aggravated possession and one count of possession with intent to distribute when court officers took a look in her multi-colored backpack.
Officials say they found the following in her backpack:
- 0.53 grams of a substance tested and identified as crystal meth/MDMA (ecstasy)
- 11 blue capsules identified as the scheduled II drug amphetamine and deztroamphetamine
- 11 white pills identified as gabapentin
- Bag containing 2.32 grams of marijuana buds
- A glass smoking pipe used to smoke or inhale meth/MDMA
- A paperclip with drug residue
- Blue glass pipe containing marijuana residue
She now faces additional charges.
What's the stupidest thing you've ever done? Have you ever done or said the wrong thing in front of a judge?