Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne rule Rolling Stone's new 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All-Time list.
Sabbath's Paranoid tops the list, with their debut album landing at number-five. And Ozzy's solo debut, Blizzard of Ozz, came in at number-nine. The magazine polled 15 of its writers as well as metal musicians like Ozzy, Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Lars Ulrich of Metallica and Corey Taylor of Slipknot. The musicians' own lists will be published this week.
Here's the full Top 10, with the entire list up at Rolling Stone's site.
- Black Sabbath - Paranoid
- Metallica - Master of Puppets
- Judas Priest - British Steel
- Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
- Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
- Slayer - Reign in Blood
- Motorhead - No Remorse
- Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
- Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
- Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
I own 8 of these 10 albums. How about you?