Paul McCartney celebrates a milestone birthday Sunday when he blows out 75 candles.
As the old saying goes, "What do you get for somebody who has everything?" Here's just a sampling of this legendary artist's history and what he has achieved:
- Born James Paul McCartney on June 18th, 1942 in Liverpool, England.
- A founding member of one of the biggest bands to ever walk the face of the Earth, The Beatles.
- His other band, Wings, didn't do so badly either.
- One of the most successful composers and performers of all time.
- A two-time inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- A 21-time Grammy winner.
- He has has written or co-written 32 number-one songs on the Billboard Hot 100.
- He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth in 1997 for services to music.
- He is one of the wealthiest musicians ever, with a worth estimated at over $1 billion.
- He has been married three times and has six children -- four of his own. He also adopted his first wife Linda's daughter Heather, and he is stepfather to his third wife Nancy's son, Arlen.
- He starts another round of U.S. dates on July 7th in Miami.
Big 100 will celebrate by playing a ton of Paul-related tunes from The Beatles, his solo catalog & covers of his songs that other bands have done thruout Saturday & Sunday.