The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will hold its 32nd annual induction ceremony tonight (Friday) at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. This year's honorees are:
- Journey (first time on the ballot) inducted by Pat Monahan of Train
- Joan Baez (first time on ballot) inducted by Jackson Browne
- Yes (third nomination) inducted by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush
- Electric Light Orchestra (first time on ballot) inducted by George Harrison's son Dhani
- Pearl Jam (first year of eligibility) inducted by David Letterman, filling in for a sick Neil Young
- Tupac Shakur (first year of eligibility) inducted posthumously by Snoop Dogg
- Nile Rodgers Award for Musical Excellence presented by Pharrell Williams
A few other facts and figures:
- This is the second induction for former Journey keyboardist Gregg Rolie, who is already in as a member of Santana
- Former Journey singer Steve Perry will attend according to Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain.
- Jon Anderson from Yes said that Geddy Lee from Rush will play bass for Yes in place of the late Chris Squire at the ceremony.
- Nile Rodgers is receiving the Award for Musical Excellence after his group Chic was unsuccessfully nominated 11 times, more than any other act.
- Lenny Kravitz will perform a tribute to Prince
- Expect the closing jam session to include a Chuck Berry song
Artists become eligible for nomination 25 years after the release of a recording.
Tonight's ceremony will air on HBO on April 29th.