Ann Wilson will begin a solo tour next month. With that in mind, she shared her Top 10 concert albums on Twitter. They are, in order:
- Harry Belafonte - Belafonte at Carnegie Hall "When I was a child, my parents used to play this. It made me want to perform! His version of 'Danny Boy' on this album just put me over the edge."
- Aretha Franklin - Aretha Live at Fillmore West "The queen with all her fires blazing. Super inspiring!"
- Elton John - 17-11-70 "Elton in his early trio; Nigel Olsson on drums and Dee Murray on bass. This is a fantastic listen!"
- The Who - Live at Leeds "This one is raw, exciting and truly iconic. The Who on all cylinders."
- Deep Purple - Made in Japan "The stuff '70s rock was made of. Great songs and power performances."
- Joni Mitchell - Miles of Aisles "Joni at her live best with a great band. Just before jazz and just after folk. Maybe one of the best lyricists and singers of all time. This album is a treasure."
- James Brown - Live at the Apollo "The hardest-working man in show business working hard. The grooves and the soul are to die for."
- Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison "This is Johnny with his people. There is a connection here that is palpable. Cash in his prime."
- Muse - Live at Rome Olympic Stadium "Perhaps the most powerful, creative band of today powering it out live. Incredible playing, singing and drama! This record really takes you places."
- Duke Ellington - Ellington at Newport "The sophistication and elegance of the Duke live. Perfect for an afternoon in."
Ann's local solo tour dates:
3/26 Annapolis, MD Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
3/29 Alexandria, VA The Birchmere