Here's a list of the GROSSEST FOOD that people love in every state. Here are some of the highlights . . .
1. Akutaq in Alaska. That's "Eskimo Ice Cream" . . . but not delicious Eskimo Pies. It's a mix of seal and other animal fats, with berries, and sometimes sugar and milk.
2. New Haven Clam Pie in Connecticut. That's pizza with clams and white sauce.
3. Lamb fries in Kentucky. Those are deep-fried lamb testicles.
4. Koolickle in Mississippi. That's a pickle soaked in Kool-Aid. WHAT?
5. Cincinnati Chili Five-Way in Ohio. It's spaghetti with chili instead of red sauce, plus cheese, beans, and onions on top.
6. Chop Suey Sandwich in Rhode Island. Yes, they put chop suey between two hamburger buns.
7. U Street Taco in Washington DC. The half-smoke made famous by Ben's Chili Bowl wrapped in a jumbo slice.
8. Stuffed Ham in Maryland. The stuffed ham consists of a corned ham (brined, not smoked) that's deboned, hacked at a bit more to open up stuffin' space, filled up with greens (kale and cabbage are common choices), wrapped in cheesecloth, and boiled.
9. Brunswick Stew in Virginia. A stew of veggies and meat that includes chicken, rabbit & possibly other critters.