Ozzy Osbourne's new album, Patient Number 9, will be released on September 9th.
The first single is the title track, which features lead guitar from Jeff Beck. Check it out below.
The backing band for the album includes producer Andrew Watt, Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith and Duff McKagan of Guns n' Roses, who all played on Ordinary Man, plus Metallica’s Robert Trujillo, Chris Chaney of Jane's Addiction and late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins.
Joining Jeff Beck as guest lead guitarists on the album are Eric Clapton, Ozzy's longtime collaborator Zakk Wylde, Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath and Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready.
Here's the Patient Number 9 track listing:
- "Patient Number 9" (feat. Jeff Beck)
- "Immortal" (feat. Mike McCready)
- "Parasite" (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- "No Escape From Now" (feat. Tony Iommi)
- "One of Those Days" (feat. Eric Clapton)
- "A Thousand Shades" (feat. Jeff Beck)
- "Mr. Darkness" (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- "Nothing Feels Right" (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- "Evil Shuffle" (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- "Degradation Rules" (feat. Tony Iommi)
- "Dead and Gone"
- "God Only Knows"
- "Darkside Blues"
Ozzy says recording his new album was therapeutic.
"I was vaccinated and boosted and I still caught COVID in the end," Ozzy says.
"My last album (2020's Ordinary Man) was released just a few weeks before the pandemic started, and I was just about getting ready to go into the studio to work on this new one when the world shut down," he adds.
"It's no secret that the last four years have been very difficult for me but making this album took my mind off of my problems."
Source: Louder Sound and Premiere