Both the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and PAW have listed ways you can prevent your holiday celebration from turning into a tragedy.
Here are 10 tips on how to keep your pet from panicking this Fourth of July weekend.
10. Keep your Pet Indoors at All Times!
9. Don’t Put Insect Repellant on Your Pet that isn’t Specifically for Pet Use
8. Alcoholic Drinks Poison Pets
7. Going to a Fireworks Display? Leave Your Pet at Home
6. Have Your Pet Properly Identified
5. Keep Your Pet Away from Glow Jewelry
4. NEVER Use Fireworks Around Pets
3. Don’t Give Your Pet “Table Food”
2. Lighter Fluid and Matches Are Harmful to Pets.
1. Citronella Insect Control Products Harm Pets, Too.