Most of us assume if you're not speaking English in America, you're probably speaking Spanish. But there are a lot of other languages being spoken in this great melting pot ... and it's not the ones you think.
MentalFloss.com broke down what the most popular language is in each state (besides English and Spanish) and it breaks down like this:
* German was the most popular third language overall, being spoken in about 16 states.
* 11 states had French as their most popular language (after English and Spanish).
* Vietnamese was the third most spoken language in Washington state.
* Georgia was home to the most Korean speakers.
* Tagalog was the third most spoken language in Nevada and California.