WHAT: Acorns A Go-Go
WHERE: Roosevelt Center, 131 Centerway, Greenbelt, MD
WHEN: Sat. Oct. 12, 11a-6p
Acorns A Go-Go Groovy Vegan Fest is a hip, retro, eclectic, conscious festival of psychedelic fun. It's a cruelty-free, earth-friendly "60's flash-back" GoGo party!
It's happening rain or shine and here's some of what's going on:
- 9:30-10:55am - Go-Go-beat Vegan Drum Circle! Bring bucket or synthetic drum
- 11:00am - Honey LaBronx "The Vegan Drag Queen" opens Acorns A Go-Go!! Makes her debut and vegan herstory as the Mistress of Ceremonies!!
- Kids activities - 11:30am - 3:30pm (animal mask-making, face-painting, magician, storybook readings, a Youth Circus performer juggling, unicycling and stilts-walking, even a hula hoop contest
- 12:00 - 12:20 - Speaker, Karen Davis, Founder of United Poultry Concerns: "Chickens and Turkeys: Who are They?"
- 12:45 - 1:00 - Speaker, Betty Smith, PhD: Ageless Aging - Vegan Diet, Ultra-marathon-running & breaking records at 72!
- 1:00-2:00pm - Long-awaited reunion of Bad Weather Boyz
- 2:15 -3:00pm - Chris Colvin's Groovy Earth Music - Didgeridoo, Flute, Drums
- 3:00-5:00pm - Bushmaster featuring Gary Brown
- 4:00-4:15pm or so - Hula Hoop Contest - during Bushmaster's set! Bring your hoop if you have one; we'll have extras on hand
- 5:10-6:10pm - Renowned, multi-instrumentalist, Saleem Waters
Some of the Additional Activities throughout the day:
- Acorn Expert, Lincoln Smith, demonstrates how to turn acorns into flour and acorn flour into vegan bread
- Face-painting by international face-painter - Maia Thandeka
- Henna hand-painting - Kima Blue
- GoGo Dance and Costume contests